[G4] Sawtooth won't boot in SUM or OF

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Thu Apr 16 07:24:41 PDT 2009

That'll teach me to read things carefully.
Question 1.   Does the light on the startup button come on and stay
on does it only stay on while you are holding the button?
Question 2.   Have you tried to (will the machine let you) reset the
parameter ram?  Hold the Option, Command, letter "P" and letter "R"
immediately after the chime on startup.  Hold those four keys until
the chime sounds at least three (3) more times, then release them and
allow the machine to continue booting.  (Allowing the repeating the
chime is supposed to insure that the P- Ram is restored to a pristine
state.)  That may at least get you to where you can boot into OF or
try Applejack.
The only other thing I know of to try is a PMU reset.  There is a
link in my previous post with which you can locate the PMU reset
procedure for various Apple machines.  If I run across anything else
that might be helpful, I'll post again.  Hopefully, someone on the
list has had an experience of this type and can give you some direction.

Dan