[G4] Sawtooth won't boot in SUM or OF

Phil Crowe cawcawster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 04:04:13 PDT 2009

Hi. I have a DA that is not shut down very often . A few weeks back the fan
for the CPU started howling so I had to shut down to replace it. When I went
to start it up again, I had nothing. It powered up and the main fan worked
but no startup chime and no video signal. I can¹t remember if a HD spun up
or not. I thought I¹d really botched it (static discharge or something).
Anyway, after wasting much time and based on a vague recollection, I put in
a fresh battery and everything was normal. Don¹t know why but it solved the
problem. But if the diodes on your motherboard are lighting up and you have
a video signal, then I have nothing to contribute. Sorry.

Phil C.