[G4] G4 Mac

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 21 16:22:49 PDT 2009

On 21-04-2009 21:30, Pedro Mejia Eder, florisimo1 at yahoo.co.uk, wrote:

> Please help:
> I have a G4/400 Mac, serial XBO 1224WHSE, and am running OSX.
> I would like to change the monitor for a flat pannel LCD. Can anyone suggest
> what low cost LCD I could buy for it (compatible, of course)
> Thank you very much,
> Pedro

Well seen your SerialNumber, the spec.'s of your Mac will be:

Serial number: XB01224WHSE
Name: Power Macintosh G4 (AGP Graphics)
Model: M7641 PowerMac G4 400MHz
Bus speed: 100MHz
Memory - number of slots: 4
Factory: XB (ElkGrove/Sacramento, California)
G8419AN3PC4

Model introduced: 1999
Production year: 2000
Production week: 12 (March)
Production number: 2478 (within this week)

That means you have a Sawtooth with a ATI Rage 128 or Rage 128 Pro graphic
card, 16 MB VRAM, with 1 VGA and 1 DVD-D display connection. (If not
upgraded! You can find about this in your ASP.)
For a normal use this means you can connect any VGA display from 15" to
around 24".
To find the best offers in your neighbourhood just google. I just bought a
brandnew Samsung 19" LCD VGA for an old client with a Sawtooth here in
Amsterdam (The Netherlands) for Euro 112,- = US$ 140,-

Just an example! HTH,

Jo Hissel