[G4] Home Theatre & Sound System

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Thu Apr 23 19:57:11 PDT 2009

Am 23.04.2009 um 18:10 schrieb Mo S. Slack:
> You can't run a purely vanilla retail copy of Leopard, but there
> are hacks available to install on AMD.  What do you have against
> Intel?

They're monopolistic. They've pulled stunts like making a deal with
Skype to set a lower limit of concurrent connections on AMD than on
Intel machines. And heck, they're developing their CPUs in Israel, a
country I'd prefer to boycott where possible consider their actions.

I have tried an AMD-modified Leopard on my homebrew AMD systems, but
they're not ideal. Only one actually boots, and in that case I
haven't been able to properly use the Radeon x700 card in there. If I
throw my old nVidia 7100GS in there, it's not so bad, though the on-
board SATA doesn't work either way and Rosetta never seems to work.
Any PowerPC app just quits. Not sure whether this is just on my
hardware or universal, though.

Eric W.