[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 56, Issue 11

Andrea Studebaker andreastu1360 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 22:23:45 PDT 2009

Thank you Harry, Tom, Eric, Richard and John for your comments and suggestions.

One
thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that I almost always
have a problem playing videos.  They will play for a short time,
between one and one and a half minutes, and then I get the circle of
spinning circles in the center of the frame, as though it's loading,
and it never stops.  This is a real problem, because in my duties as an
admin on my message board I need to view and comment on many videos.

I just had a typical problem.  If you can tell me which log to look in, and/or what might be significant, I can post it.  I don't want to clog up the list with a bunch of stuff that might be irrelevant.

In any event, here is what happened.  I left the computer on with a couple finder windows open where I had been looking at various logs, but no applications running.  I was gone about six hours.  I came home and moved the mouse to wake up the computer.  The screen came up and it looked fine.  Although I could move the cursor, everything was non-responsive.  Couldn't click on anything at all.  I hit the little button below the power button to restart the machine (the reset button?).  It came back up and everything was fine, but I know you are not supposed to do that often.  I've had to do it so much the last couple months.  The problems seemed to start around the time the original hard drive died. It has been replaced and the problem continues, though less often.

Thanks again,
Andrea