[G4] Problem with Target mode

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Sun Dec 6 15:56:56 PST 2009

I have no specific answers, just some thoughts.

1.  Are you using the original G4 firewire port or one on the
firewire card?  Can you try useing the original port?
2.  Does it matter which machine you put in Target disk mode?  You
could put the G5 in TDM and transfer files to it that way.
3.  I assume the G4 has ATA drives, not SATA.  Could there be a
communication problem based on drive type?
4.  Can you install one of the SATA drives at a time into the G5 and
do the transfer that way?
5.  How about putting a G5 drive into the G4 to do the transfer?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.  Just running thru my thoughts of what
I would try if I had this problem.

Dan T