[G4] G4 restarts on own

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 15 16:03:32 PST 2009

On 15-12-2009 11:16, Robert Walker, ffalcon1 at zoominternet.net, wrote:

> My G4 APG will restart on its own after the shutdown command. Any
> suggestions as to a cause/cure would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any extern devices connected and not unpowered before shutting
down the Mac?
I have this sometimes when I use a powered USB-hub and forget to unpower it
before shutting down the Mac. It happens here with 3 different G4's: a
AGP/400, a DA/466 and a QS/800/'02. All 3 the G4's have a PCI USB-2 4-slot
card where the the hub is connected to when in use.

HTH,

Jo Hissel