[G4] Re iMovie 6 HD help

Robert C. Buitron rcbuitron at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 9 11:23:41 PST 2009

I'm posting this question in various places hoping that I'll get an
answer to solve my problem.

I have a G4 dual 1.25 MD, 400/800 firewire with several internal HDs
that have lots of available space.

I converted a 30 min. VHS tape to digital using an ADVC-100 converter
(which I have used in the past and no problem).

I have iMovie 6HD. FYI: I have converted other VHS tapes in the past
using older versions of iMovie without a problem. I have iDVD v.8 but
did not install iMovie 8.

The conversion was successful and I can view it in iMovie. However I
want to view it as a Quicktime readable file (as I want to copy this
movie to my classroom computer for student viewing). When I choose
Export or Share>Quicktime everything follows accordingly until I get
this error message regarding Quicktime and the designated HD (I have
attached an image below). I tried Export to iDVD and CD-ROM also without
success (get a different error message).

The error message reads: "The movie could not be sent to QuickTime,
because of an unknown error. Please make sure that your project disk has
write permission and that you have enough disk space (Error-54)"

The file exists and I can view it in iMovie but that's it.

What steps have I missed; what do I need to turn on/off; and is there
another way to do this?

Thanks for your help and any suggestions.

Rob