[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

Umar Stone umartisan at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 20:14:14 PST 2009

G'day everyone, I have G4 Quicksilver audio mac, which I think is
great,.. sometimes.
Basically a 1.2 GHz, 2MB L3 cache, 1.25 GB SDRAM, a while back (2007)
I put a second internal drive in a 301.7 GB Maxtor 3200, and also
have an external drive. Running X10.4.9  and X11
Before I put in the Maxtor the initial drive had been malfunctioning,
if i clicked the screen with the mouse Finder would restart, and also
many programs would crash if I chose to save a file.
So I made the Maxtor my Startup, which has been working fine for a
while, now again Photoshop crashes with saves, same with Flash iTunes
wont let me authorize my songs and the iPod is not charging, the
printer won't accept 'print' (it all crashes if i click on a choice)

I've tried the Apple Hardware Test, but the mouse won't move in the
language screen neither the keyboard, Disk Utility say's it's fine, i
can't detect any viruses; cleaning the cache doesn't help;
Can you?