[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Feb 13 22:05:28 PST 2009

Am 13.02.2009 um 22:14 schrieb Umar Stone:

> G'day everyone, I have G4 Quicksilver audio mac, which I think is
> great,.. sometimes.
> Basically a 1.2 GHz, 2MB L3 cache, 1.25 GB SDRAM, a while back
> (2007) I put a second internal drive in a 301.7 GB Maxtor 3200, and
> also have an external drive. Running X10.4.9  and X11
> Before I put in the Maxtor the initial drive had been
> malfunctioning, if i clicked the screen with the mouse Finder would
> restart, and also many programs would crash if I chose to save a file.
> So I made the Maxtor my Startup, which has been working fine for a
> while, now again Photoshop crashes with saves, same with Flash
> iTunes wont let me authorize my songs and the iPod is not charging,
> the printer won't accept 'print' (it all crashes if i click on a
> choice)
>
> I've tried the Apple Hardware Test, but the mouse won't move in the
> language screen neither the keyboard, Disk Utility say's it's fine,
> i can't detect any viruses; cleaning the cache doesn't help;
> Can you?

Did you boot from your system disc and run Disk Utility, or have you
run it from your installed system, and let it check any and all boot
drives? Have you tried disconnecting all but your boot drive to see
if that helps? My thoughts for a cause thus far include: power
problems, damaged filesystem or permissions, bad RAM, software
problem. When you made the Maxtor the boot drive, did you copy the
original system to it or install fresh?

Eric W.