[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

Aaron aaron at macuser.fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 17 04:15:38 PST 2009

I mistakenly sent my last post without finishing it. Here's what I didn't complete:

It's always good to keep tabs on the SMART status of the internal drive(s). You can check it superficially with Disk Utility in Leopard and maybe in earlier systems, but it makes sense to install the free utility, SMARTReporter: <http://www.corecode.at/smartreporter/>.  There's also the $25 SMART Utility that's much more thorough, and can be downloaded for a free trial that, even if run only once, will give you a history of your drive's errors, etc.: <http://www.volitans-software.com/products.php>.

 - Aaron