[G4] Intel vs PPC

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 18:34:29 PST 2009

Agreed, at the top of the line there's no comparison.
But at the middle of the line it's a different story.
For a headless Mac there's nothing between the Mac Pro
and the mini, nothing at all that compares to the
affordability and expandability that the G4s used to
provide. I wouldn't go to an iMac because of the
integrated display and inability to make upgrades,
and as I said it's mostly laptop parts anyway.
Apple could make a decent midrange system but they
choose not to.

Eric