[G4] Buying your own work computer

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Fri Feb 20 07:06:31 PST 2009

He has since retired, but a TV & Computer  Repair store in Arlington,
TX was run with Mac II's up until three years ago. One in the office,
one on the counter and one in the shop ... all on Apple Talk. He told
me, "All my friends were giving me their old Mac II's, so I had
'puters and parts galore. They do the job just fine and OS 8.6 is all
I need.

Caught up in the "Have to have the latest thing" folks forget that
back in the 80's, the front page of Time Magazine (and a lot of
others) was developed with a Mac IIx.
If it worked then, it would work now... And people will GIVE YOU the
old Adobe Software.

RHB