[G4] G4 partition

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Tue Feb 24 17:51:31 PST 2009

On 24.02.2009, at 17:46, Necole Zayatz wrote:

> I have a G4 power mac with OS X  (10.2.4)
> and need to partition the hard drive so that it can have OS 9 and
> OS x.
>
> How is this done best? I have the OS 9 install. Hope it's the right
> one.
>
> Thanks for helping,
> Necole

That's a unique spelling, Necole. Anyway, the steps to follow are
basically to back up personal data (if needed), boot from either the
OS X or OS 9 disc, run the right utility (Disk Utility in OS X or
Drive Setup in OS 9) and make two partitions on the disk and install
that OS onto one of them, and then boot the other install disc later
and install onto the other partition.

This is assuming your G4 boots OS 9 natively. I believe that would be
any of the graphite models.

Eric W.