[G4] LEOPARD WARNING

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Mon Jan 5 14:44:22 PST 2009

WARNING before you install Leopard on your G4.
A RESELLER IN SAN DIEGO HAS INFORMED ME THAT LEOPARD SLOWS DOWN ALL G4's
Except the eMac (for some strange reason).
Others (hearsay) have told me the same thing.

I know of some very Mac Astute persons that have retained OS10.3.9
so that they can run their (what was then) Terribly Expensive Apps on
OS9.2.2.
One designer told me that he didn't have the time to learn another
version
and it's short cuts, so he sticks with the OS9.2 CAD programs and
such (plus you
can buy them for 10 cents on the dollar).

I'll have to agree with that in theory. I had apps in OS9 (with all
the MACROS that went away
with OSX) that I was at least 30% faster. I'm retired, so now I
don''t give a ... hoot?

RHB