[G4] LEOPARD WARNING

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Tue Jan 6 00:35:37 PST 2009

Thanks for that info ...  I've had  my head down tending to my own
little problems and haven't been keeping up with the Mac Scene.
Went to a site and they're talking Darwin Port and other stuff I'd
never heard of before. It'll take me hours to get abreast of all this
with them using terms such asgqlplus, SQL*Plus.

In Mac Rumors I stumbled onto Installing Oracle data base on a Mac
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/rohrer_macosx_10g.html
and MacPorts ? http://www.macports.org/

  Darwin Ports ???  This site explains the history  and why some of
the folks are getting their shorts in a knot over who owns it.
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/DarwinPorts  .

Shoot Bang, I was leery of trying to flash a Video card. These kids
are trying stuff that would make my wallet cringe ... afraid of
Zapping  something expensive.

I was told by a reseller in San Diego that Leopard slows down G4's
except for the eMac. I have an eMac 1.25 MHz ? running leopard and
it's pretty quick.

RHB