[G4] Re: Not posting previous message

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Tue Jan 6 11:55:12 PST 2009

Am 06.01.2009 um 13:46 schrieb Roxylee:

>> Robert said: "I agree whole heartedly. I have a correspondent that
>> never quotes the  previous message. Many times I have to go to
>> the  SENT mail box to  find out what we were talking about.
>> RHB"
>
> Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. I didn't ask people to
> refrain from quoting the pertinent text, just from reposting the
> the entire post with all the entire replies, including all the
> headers, footers, ascii art, digest info, and everything else that
> is unnecessary. It's like getting an email forward with 200 email
> address of the previous recipients before you actually get to see
> what the email is about. Trimming, while leaving in the necessary
> info is not only easy, but courteous. :-)

Perhaps you're taking it all a little too far here. Robert pointed
out an extreme case, but that's no reason to assume that he's
implying that you, Roxylee, don't want people to quote any thing. No
one is about to debate that quoted text should be kept to a
reasonable amount in a given message. Don't leave 5 messages' worth
of text in there, don't delete it all if you're replying to some
portion of it.

Simple common sense.

Eric W.