[G4] Sleep/Crash Problems

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Tue Jan 6 19:06:21 PST 2009

MICHAEL, What do you know about G4 crashing in OS10.4?

I Really don't remember if I had this problem  last year. I set this
up last year in April & March, then cut a choogie back to Texas.
It hit me between the eyes because  I've a Quick Silver in  Fort
Worth and another in Arlington, both running OS10.4.11
and neither of them crash like this. This has a Fry's Sale item USB 2
card and I think that's the problem. Seems like
I have a better one in my kit, but I've got one coming from Sonnet
that I hope solves the problem. Don't want to have
to buy an ATI 9600 Video card, just to be changing parts. Great
Shades of "Under the Chinaberry Tree" mechanics.
All you folks have convinced me that Leopard won't slow this box
down, so buying leopard is cheaper than a Graphics
Card and I can put it on the other machines.

RHB