[G4] Booting from external Drive

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Fri Jun 5 05:08:16 PDT 2009

Probably.  If it can't find the indicated HD it will probably "look"
for one on it's own.

G4 iBook Hard Drive replacements are NOT for the timid.  I'm confident
enough to swap out an HD on my G4 Mini or just about anything on my
Sawtooth, but I took one  look at the instructions for the iBook and
opted to pay a pro to do it.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/iBook-G4-14-Inch-933-MHz-1-33-GHz-Hard-Drive-Replacement/189/1

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/iBook-G4-12-Inch-800-MHz-1-2-GHz-Hard-Drive-Replacement/166/1