[G4] If your power supply should die

Thomas Brooks mos125 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 21:37:13 PDT 2009

RICH:

Thanks for posting the below information.

I'v been waiting for the power supply on my 1999 Sawtooth to die at
some inconvenient time so decided to see if I could beat it to the
punch.  I
checked out the atxg4 site, ordered the adapter cable, and paid with
PayPal. Adapter cable came today. Also today I bought the 430 watt
Thermaltake P/S at Microcenter for $34.99 (also has $10.00 rebate
which I'll probably forget to send in).

After about 2 hours of work everything fits perfectly--even the rear
mounting holes line up. I had to drill one hole in a small bracket
which secures the front of the P/S to the frame.

The hardest part was stuffing all of the new cables into the case and
getting it closed without pinching them.

Everything seems to be working at 100% and I can barely hear the thing
running.

Hope this is of use to others on the list.

Tom Brooks

G4 AGP 350GHz Sawtooth
1.2 GHz OWC  Upgrade
2GB RAM