[G4] MDD beginning to freeze up

Jay E. Krauss, Jr. jekrauss at charter.net
Sat Nov 14 05:35:46 PST 2009

	I had two of these computers; internal heat is apparently a
real problem with them. I installed a number of different internal
case fans, a fan over the processors, and even an industrial fan
blowing against the back of the case. The inlet screen at the bottom
front of the computer does tend to get covered with accumulated
"fuzz", so you might check and see if that has happened.
	I really liked these computers when I could keep them
running, with the two DVD drives, four internal hard drives, and
expansion slots; however, I finally gave up and moved to dual core
Xeon towers, which have many of the same advantages, but without the
heat dissipation challenges.
Jay