[G4] G4 Digest, Vol 63, Issue 7: "Which is faster..."

Mike Bechtold wmb1204 at fuse.net
Mon Nov 30 14:01:36 PST 2009

Donald, I have a DP 533 DA, and I've read that it's a little
faster than a single 767. In addition, your new machine has
a faster bus, 167 MHz instead of 133. So I'd say that it's
quicker, even with a single processor.

As for RAM, try moving the DIMM's around to a different socket,
and see if that makes a difference. If not, it may be one of the RAM
sticks you have. G4's are known to be fussy about RAM; I have one
stick in mine that will only be recognized if it's put into a
specific slot. Or, you may have a bad RAM slot...~(:^{)=....
- Michael B. in Cincinnati