[G4] Open Office/Neo Office

Mike Bechtold wmb1204 at fuse.net
Thu Oct 8 06:42:35 PDT 2009

When I installed these on my G4 DA with 10.4.11, I had to install X11
first; OOo is really Linux based, and required that graphic subsystem.
Unfortunately, I don't remember how I did it, but I think that it's
available on the OSX 10.4 install disk.

If that doesn't work, Iwork disks are readily available on the LEMSwap
forum or eBay. I think that I paid $50 for Iwork 08, and it generally
works fine. My only complaint is that I'm a math teacher, and Iwork 08
won't support enough math symbols. The 09 version supports MathType, and
is much better for this function for that reason.

- Michael B. in Cincinnati