[G4] Video upgrades for PowerMac G4 dual

Tex Weinberg nasw at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:24:03 PDT 2009

The vendor known as "applemacanix" on eBy at times sells flashed PCI and AGP cards that postdate the regular G4 performance era.  Right now, that outfit's got a bunch of stuff up on eBay, from the ATI Radeon 7500 to nvidia 7800GTs, many certified to work in an AGP G4.  If you're still doing most of your gaming in OS9, he even has an nvidia GeForce 4 Titatnium 4600 that is allegedly the fastet fully-OS9-compatible 3-D card out there -- for only eighty bucks!  If even that amount of money weren't kind of a big deal to me right now, I would *so* have that on order...  :)

Tex/Alex