[G4] Video upgrades for PowerMac G4 dual (Tex Weinberg)

Crandon David tabdave at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 15 06:36:11 PDT 2009

So, everybody thinks upgrading just the video card will make
streaming video off the net work OK? I've got a Dual 500 Gigabit
Ethernet, and basically can't play much of anything streaming off the
net without the video stuttering and skipping a lot. The audio part
is fine. Doesn't matter if it's encoded as QT, Windows Media Player,
Flash, whatever, it stutters all the time.

I know it's not our internet connection, it's a 6MB/min download from
our cable modem, and also all works fine on our new MacBook.

David