[G4] Video upgrades for PowerMac G4 dual (Tex Weinberg) (Mike Bechtold)

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:07:00 PDT 2009

Michael,

I also had a 533 DP G4 and I too tried to play videos via my hard drive and
more often than not, I couldn't. Since I work in video I determined that it
was strictly a CPU issue and nothing else. A better video card made no
difference. And I also could play DVDs without any problems. But DVDs off an
optical player are not processed in the same way.

You need a faster machine.   It is that simple. YouTube was barely a gleam
in the programmer's eye when the 533 was built.

I bought a used DP Quicksilver for my home use and it does the job. I use a
Mac Pro at work for any professional purposes.

Bill