[G4] where can I find osx10.4..

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 12:26:57 PDT 2009

On 10/19/09, Don <bgnss at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>A friend of mine got it a couple of months
>>ago. Better than what you''ll find on the web or at eBay.
>
> A genuine set of original CD's for the correct machine
> should be both identical, and cheaper off ebay.
>
> Guess I have a hard time seeing how paying $129 could
> be 'better' than paying auction prices for the identical
> software... unless of course you like paying the max
> for the same thing, or perhaps ebay prices are higher
> than Apple prices (!).

You try lately? Two, eBay auctions, which are almost closing, are at $145+.
<http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Mac-10-4-Tiger-VERSION/dp/B0002G71T0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1256066609&sr=8-2>
shows six new from $300 and 9 used from $160.
<http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=mac+os+x+tiger&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9116400928593489183&ei=Xw3eSqPgK5DKsQPZv-3RDw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CC0Q8wIwBQ#ps-sellers >
shows three, the cheapest at $200. Might be worth a look around before jumping
in with both feet. My response was based on my friend having the same
experience trying to locate a copy.