[G4] Hard drive replacement advice, please

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Wed Oct 21 09:51:32 PDT 2009

I have been using Hitachi drives for about 5 years now in both my
laptops (3) and desktops (5) including a dual 1Ghz Quicksilver and a
dual 1Ghz MDD.  I have had no problems with any of them..  I select
the drive I want and then buy them wherever I can get the best price
(google the part # to start looking).  The link below will take you
to the Hitachi page with compatible drives for your machine.

I don't understand why the drive would give you these problems,
though.  You say you have two drives installed.  I would try swapping
their positions (be sure to watch for jumper configuration) and see
if the problem follows the drive to its new position or if the other
drive now has the problem you describe.  Maybe a cable or connector
problem.

Dan

http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.
81460ed582456489760062f6aac4f0a0/?
javax.portlet.tpst=5b1ca30c0812ff36f1ba137fdf243c48_ws_MX&javax.portlet.
prp_5b1ca30c0812ff36f1ba137fdf243c48_viewID=middle_view&beanID=664948165
&viewID=middle_view&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&ja
vax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken