[G4] Colors

RELNGSON at aol.com RELNGSON at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 16:33:51 PDT 2009

> .....I assume the color you're referring to is the general appearance of
> colors on your desktop, and in all applications. Is this correct?...

Precisely. Even things like the scroll bars are washed out leaving just the
up/down arrows.

> ........I just don't see how the HD could possibly have any affect on
> color on the monitor......

Nor do I but I don't see that there is anything left. Remember, the same
apps on the other drive are entirely normal which rules out all component
common to both drives.

> ....As for getting a new HD, I would go to http://www.newegg.com/ or
> http://eshop.macsales.com/ and, probably, order a Seagate IDE ATA internal
> HD....

That's what I was looking for. I may have to consult the Genius Bar about
this even though generation-wise, a G4 MDD is paleolithic. I am perfectly
willing to replace the drive. The other choice is to forget about dual boot and
find a used Intel box.

Roger Ellingson/Seattle