[G4] slience of the PRAMs??

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 08:25:40 PDT 2009

Greetings Charles ( + )!( + )

The start-up bong means that your memory has passed a quick memory test.

How much memory do you have installed.
I would recommend that you remove 1/2 of your memory sticks and then
try a restart to see if you get the start-up bong.

If you don't get the start-up bong then remove the rest of your memory
and reinstall the ones that you first removed.

If you now get the start-up bong then replace 1/2 of the memory that
is remaining, if your start-up bong is still Okay the install the
remaining memory sticks.

If your start-up bong is still Okay then you had a poor connection
between the connector and the memory stick, if not then the last
memory stick that you installed is bad.

There are some Mac memory test programs out in the WEB if you want to
look for them, but I don't remember their names.

Harry
San Jose, Ca
ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?º?ø