[G4] What is possible to do with a G4 800Mhz osx10.3.9. and yet keep Logic pro 6.4.1 and Pro Tools 6.2.2./digi001?

stefan möller stefan.moller at telgecity.com
Wed Sep 16 02:49:10 PDT 2009

hello!!

Running G4 800Mhz PowerP with os x 10.3.9.

This has been working great but now I find difficulties with different
tasks on the internet. I Guess my web browser (safari 1.3) is not up to
date any more.

I have been into updating software before including some of the related
trouble u could have to that issue.

The main reason why I keep this old system is that I run old verions of
music software applications like Logic pro 6.4.1  and Pro Tools 6.2.2.
via
digidesign digi 001soundcard..

My main qestion is

What is possible?

What is possible to do with this old machine and yet keep Logic pro
6.4.1  and Pro Tools 6.2.2./digi001?

How far can I go in terms of software updating?

ps Some of you may wonder why I keep such old systems.....and the
answer is ...because I know them Like my own backyard. .. I want to
make music and not spending my time reading manuals...ds

Sometimes I wish for a computer that is like a steinway or a fender
stratocaster.
A model that´s been around for ages (stays the same ...work the same...)
The only necessary update is to tune it and put on a new set of strings
once in a while.

I have nothing against development in new technologies for sure.. but
some times I just wish for some work pease.

salute to all who keep these old machines alive

/stefan möller
all the best