[G4] What is possible to do with a G4 800Mhz osx10.3.9. and yet keep Logic pro 6.4.1 and Pro Tools 6.2.2./digi001?

Don bgnss at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 16 10:21:06 PDT 2009

>The major internet media giants are in on it too. Now days, "Flash"
>version 10 is a requirement for yahoo messenger, for example. There is no
>real reason for this other then to view ads. This is yahoo's way of making
>you comply.

'Comply'

Sounds like the Borg.  <NOT> funny how well that describes
the way things are going now days.

>Unfortunately, I like to surf the net on my original iBook
>with OS X 10.3 - "Flash" 10 does not support it. So, no Yahoo!, CNN,
>Facebook - you name it. I guess "they" are ready to have me chuck my nice
>old laptop into a landfill somewhere. Multiply this by 3,000,000 or
>whatever, it's an environmental disaster. Not to mention, this also limits
>folks with limited finances.

Ah!  Lets 'go green' too.  I'll buy that.  Yes its a
huge disaster.  We should all respect nature too.  Many
people after us need to use this planet we're trashing.
They'll plow up our graves if we don't get it right one
of these days.

>> That's 'Obama care' in action again...but
>> alas I fell off into politics.
>
>Yes you did, and I don't appreciate it.
>
>Eric H

Since this is a heavy temptation that is straying off
topic into politics, I'll go off list with my remaining
thoughts there.

Suffice it to say that I do very much agree with the
existence of lists that continue to make place for our
use of functional hardware that still well serves its
purposes.  Could have said it that way last time, but
I'm not given to one paragraph short responses.

Don

all that is required for evil to triumph, is for good
men to do nothing.