[G4] MDD G4 Dual Processors

Bruce Ryan Nakamura galilao at lava.net
Fri Apr 9 11:41:48 PDT 2010

Hello,

A dual processor G4 should run faster on most functions than a single
processor G4. It anecdotally seems that my dual 1.25GHz MDD launches
browsers and boots up faster than the dual 867 MHz MDDs at my workplace.

Does a dual 1.25 Ghz MDD with 1.25 GB of RAM run faster than a single
1.25 Ghz MDD with 2GB of RAM? That is difficult to answer without
knowing all the variables. If you were getting out of memory messages
with a single processor MDD with 1.25 GB of RAM, then a dual
processor MDD with the same amount of memory will still give you the
same out of memory message. The dual 1.25 Ghz MDD's have a 167 Mhz
speed bus. In a single 1.25 Ghz MDD, I think the bus speed is 100
Mhz, but I could be wrong about that.

Taking a look at the performance monitor displays on both MDD's will
probably give you a better answer.

Cordially,

Bruce Ryan Nakamura