[G4] Keyboard and USB

OBrien bco at hiwaay.net
Mon Aug 23 13:01:39 PDT 2010

I don't know about USB2, but AFAIK, a USB1 external HD can't be used as a boot drive. In fact, I think that a *few* Firewire HDs also can't be used for boot, but most can. In any case, if I were buying a new HD I would get an external HD with both USB AND Firewire ports to have an alternate means of connecting if, for some reason I ever needed it.

OWC drives have a very good reputation. I'd get one of these:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/1394/USB/EliteAL/eSATA_FW800_FW400_USB>