[G4] Keyboard and USB

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:57:31 PDT 2010

Greetings,

It is my beliefe that the members of this list are not aware of how to
boot from an external disk, especially if it is a USB interface.

If you have an external drive that has a system folder that would
allow it to boot the Mac platform then try this procedure.

Whether starting up cold (power button) or a warm boot (restart) as
soon as you hear the start-up chime hold down the "option" key.

You will have to wait a little extra time, as the platform is starting
up minimal start-up firmware and then is scanning all of the attached
disk-drive for a system folder.

When a system folder is found on a drive it will list it on the screen
along with a "Left and Right" button. Wait until the spinning beach
ball has stopped, select the desired drive and then select the "Right"
arrow button.

Cheers

Harry
San Jose, Ca