[G4] Hard Drive Size

Don bgnss at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 11 18:22:46 PST 2010

Hi;

Its finally about time to put my ole 233 mhz beige G3
gently out to pasture.  It has served well as an honored
time warrior that still runs Claris Emailer among other
extreme oldies.

I'd like to insert a 'too large' hard drive (80-120 GB)
into the Beige G3 if possible in order to duplicate its
info onto the drive.

The G3 apparently only allows up to 80 GB maximum size.

Then I'd like to transfer the new HD over to either
my G4 tower or a B&W G3 on a one way 'bon voyage' trip.

The G4 tower apparently WILL read a 128 GB drive.
The B&W G3, I don't know for sure.

Will <the Beige or the B&W> read that drive without
difficulty and simply be unable to see the last part
of the drive, or will it simply be unable to read
the drive at all?

Thanks
Don