[G4] Hard Drive Size

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 19:53:47 PST 2010

It should read the "big" HD up to its capacity limit. IIRC, the limit
is 128 gig, at least on a B&W without a third party card. However, I
don't remember if a third party card will work in the Beige G3, but
you can get a cheap PCI/USB card. OWC (Macsales.com) sells the PCI
card (around $15?) and a great USB adapter for $30 that'll connect any
type bare drive to another computer so you can transfer the data. Sort
of a hard drive Swiss Army knife.

I'd call them, tell them what you want to do and ask them the easiest
way to do it.

HTH,
Ron