[G4] numeric keypad not working

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Feb 26 09:12:42 PST 2010

At 08:05 -0600 2/26/10, RICHARD NORTHOUSE wrote:
Hi Gang,

I need some help.  The numeric keypad on my Apple Pro keyboard doesn't work. The entire numeric pad seems dead -- the non-numeric keys (=, -,*./. etc) work ok. I exchanged keyboards with the same result.

It used to work, so I must have thrown some toggle by mistake. Can someone help?

There is a feature called "num-lock" which is a throwback to the days when text editing used the keypad for things we now do with a mouse. (Unless we're emacs types.)

This Apple ADB keyboard, on OS 9, has a key at the upper left of the keypad to turn num-lock off and on and there is an LED that is supposed to tell if it's on - what you want - or off. As far as I can tell it has never worked and the keyboard is locked in number mode anyway.

--
-> The US of A is getting pelloreid <-