[G4] colors/brightness

relngson at aol.com relngson at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 15:47:03 PST 2010

> ....I have a MAC G-4 , 10.4.11, 867 MHz, PowerPC G4, 2 MB L3 cache, 1.5
> GB SDRAM
> My problem is this; all of a sudden I cannot adust the color on my
> monitor ViewSonic Graphic Series G90mb.
> It  is either too bright or too dark,  I use the utility provided by
> Apple and cannot adjust it at all anymore.
> I even had a new flat screen installed and it still does not adjust,
> so I returned the monitor.
> Any one have any suggestions, besides a new computer...

I don't think you need a new anything and it's not your video card. I went
through the same thing with my MDD dual 867 (now a dual 1.6) and I did
everything including an archive and install several times, swapping the video
card etc but the clue was that starting from my 2nd hard drive (which is set up
the same as #1) everything was normal. I posted a question about whether I
could blame the drive and the opinion provided led me to replacing something
in monitor preferences. I think.

I'm searching for the email but so far no joy. Perhaps someone will recall
the subject which was less than six months ago I think.

I'll keep looking.

Roger E./Seattle