[G4] Finder won't launch

davidw1235 at aol.com davidw1235 at aol.com
Fri Jan 8 19:56:09 PST 2010

Well this is different.
     My G4 decided to stop starting up. First it would just show an Apple
and the little clock running--which it did for ever. I tried starting up in
Verbose Mode but nothing changed. Then it decided to start but the Finder
isn't there... I can't find/see any folders on the desktop, and though the dock
is visible and i can launch Safari and anything there, I can't get to my
other applications like Dusk Utility which I thinkmight be handy right now.
iTunes won't launch either.
     As for Finder, the lighted dot under the icon in the Dock blinks on
and off but it never opens.