[G4] How do I get rid of Classic?

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Jul 9 18:40:57 PDT 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 6:29 PM, thebear1 wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I have a G4 Mirror. I am using OS 10.4.11. I have Classic running. I
> need to get rid of it now. I have no more use for it. How do I
> remove it. I hope to God that I don't have to erase my drive to get
> rid of OS 9.2.2.

For what it's worth, this is how I have done it:

Open the Applications for OS-9 folder and delete each of the
applications in it.
Open the System Folder for OS-9 and delete each of the items in it.
Restart your Mac.
Now delete the two folders that you have just emptied.

If you try to delete the OS-9 System Folder before restarting, the
computer will tell you that it needs that folder and won't let you
delete it. I believe that is caused by the folder with the system
software in it being recognized when the computer booted the last time
and there were contents inside that became active on startup. I am not
sure about that.

Hope you have the same success.