[G4] Leopard crashes

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Dec 5 17:35:46 PST 2011

Let's see,
I have a Quicksilver 867.
 I upgraded to a Mercury 1.2ghz
I upgraded to LEopard.
Slapped in a dual 1ghz card. Ran great till a couple of weeks ago.
When I opened it up there was arcing under the CPU card. For some reason there is a loose standoff, and that was arcing so much that the screw is burned
and the standoff pitted. Being as I just recovered from my G5 committing suicide, I am not ready to take it apart down to bare box to screw a screw, when the whole thing might be shorted out. So I bought a MDD Dual 1ghz and intend to swap out all my stuff.
 I do this because I run ProTools with  Digi 001 which was killed, support-wise by M-Audio. Also have to keep a Panther system drive to use it.
But it records much better than Garageband. so...
What is supposed to happen if you switch CPU's ? 'Cause that was never a problem before.
Jim