[G4] Importing mailbox

D V drteknik at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 25 10:18:50 PST 2011

Dear Scott,

You wrote:

> Hello:
>
> How do I get Apple Mail 3.6 in OS 10.5.8 to import mail from Apple
> Mail 2.3 in 10.4.11?
>
> When I use the import command, 3.6 doesn't see the mailboxes for 2.3.
>
> Sigh,
>
> Scot "Bruce" Nakamura

Most migrations I have experienced require one to export the address book
into a format compatible with the new app, not the mail boxes.
Unfortunately, it would appear there is no 'Export' function for Mail 2.1.3
on Tiger for the mail boxes nor the address book.

Aha! It would seem Apple made some changes ... from mbox-package to emlx
individual files in Tiger, at least.

http://www.cosmicsoft.net/emlxconvert.html

http://www.cosmicsoft.net/emlxconvert.dmg

The page says "Version 1.0.4 adds support for Intel and Mac OS X Lion."

I used the search phrase <Macintosh mbox file conversion> (without the angle
brackets), if that's any help. I was getting lots of Windoze results till I
included the name 'Macintosh.

Hope this helps...

Merry Christmas to all

Cheers

--

D VanderYacht
drteknik at earthlink.net

I was a Mac user when 'beleaguered Apple Computer Inc.' was doomed.