[G4] what does this message mean?

Tina K. penguirl20 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:02:41 PST 2011

On 2011/12/30 18:25, K.Reitz so eloquently wrote:
> Do you use Bell South by chance? I ask because in searching this problem it seems to be a recurring message. It appears to be a DNS problem with Bell South which affects both Apple and That other company, I think they call Microsoft.
>
> A possible fix is to clear your DNS Cache in this manner.
>
> Try bringing up a Terminal shell (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) and flushing the DNS cache by entering the command lookupd -flushcache.
>
> I hope that helps. No matter or harm as clearing DNS cache is OK anytime

If that were the case I would suggest choosing a DNS server other that Bell South
in the Network pref pane to prevent the problem from recurring.

Tina

--

Acceleron: HP Presario 2.8GHz Celeron D 2GB RAM Discrete graphics XP Pro
Luxo Jr: iMac 20" USB 2 1.25GHz G4 2GB RAM GeForceFX5200 Ultra 64MB VRAM 10.4.11