[G4] Stuck Zip Disk???

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:00:58 PST 2011

First thing I'd check are the cables and make sure they're firmly
connected at both ends. The Zip in my B&W G3 has both data and power
cables so I expect the G4 does, too. If they are firmly seated, try
pressing down and holding the mouse button (left button if you're
using a two button mouse) on restart. That is supposed to eject any
removable media on startup. If you're running some flavor of OS X, run
Disk Utility to see if the Zip drive appears in the drive list, and if
it does and a Zip disk is shown, you should be able to highlight it
and select Eject at the top of the window.