[G4] Zip drive eject

tshirt at sympatico.ca tshirt at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 13 13:00:37 PST 2011

Ken
Since you feel comfortable installing a new hard drive ,you'll have no problem with this
That G4 Tower face plate comes off easily.
Small flat screwdriver upper left side , near the CD/DVD drive area. Pry out gently
Do the same below in the area of the Zip.
The right side tabs are a bit longer but can be gently disengaged to reveal
VOILA , the emergency eject hole.
That should work & try reloading the disk with the face plate off
( in case it gets stuck again )
If the problem is the drive ( as I suspect it is ) you can even get
an external to work with the tower
BTW if you want to replace the drive with an internal let me know

Paul McMillan

Thumbprint Studios
Custom decorated sportswear since 1969