[G4] Hello

dkmnow dkmnow at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:46:11 PST 2011

I'm still on the list, and pop in from time to time. I lack the tech
know-how to help much with other peoples' questions, but occasionally
browse the archives when I'm having a problem.

My Dual 867 MDD is still my main machine, and runs at least 10 hours
per day on average.  I use SuperDuper to clone the OS every month or
two, and backup my files by copying over Ethernet to spare drives on
a ten-year-old Dell 4100 running Windows XP.  I keep those backup
drives formatted in Fat 32. That way, if the Dell fails, I can just
pop the drives into my old USB enclosure and still access the files
with my G4 -- or with my "new" five-year-old Toshiba laptop, in the
unlikely event that the Dell and the G4 fail at the same time.

Stone knives and bear skins, as it were.  I'm still on dialup.  In
fact, this MDD is still using the same old internal modem that I
scavenged out of my old G3 iMac after it died.  Ah, the history!

Dave March