[G4] RAM for digital audio G4/466

kristen kristen at atmyhome.org
Fri Jul 22 13:08:50 PDT 2011

On Friday 22 July 2011 11:28:47 Gary O'Brien wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> As far as I can tell, this item:
>
> ACP-EP Memory 512MB PC133 168-PIN SDRAM DIMM
>
> should work just fine in my DA 466. However, when I install it (3x512) and
> try to boot, nothing happens - no chimes with trouble codes, nothing.
>
> Have I purchased the correct RAM for this machine?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Gary

This memory as I have found with google searches, is an ECC memory. If so then
no it will not work as G4's are not compatible with ECC type memory. (not that
I have ever heard of) This kind of memory is used in high end work stations
and servers.

Check the specs that came with your memory and see if it's Error Correcting or
not

Kristen