[G4] installation disc work arounds

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Wed Jul 27 13:28:25 PDT 2011

Alan Pratt wrote:
> I live in Brazil so my situation is a little different than most... what
> I would like to know is how the used Mac market works around the
> installation disc/registration deal. Should I have gotten installation
> discs with the used G4 I purchased?

Strictly from a long time computer user's point of view, yes.

The computer you were sold originally CAME with the discs, and should be
RE-sold with the discs. Same with the manuals and such. All are a part
of the computer as originally sold, and should accompany them to their
new owner. Absolutely.

Either that or reduce the price paid by 5%. Only fair. He's not selling
a complete computer, is he?

Just my humble opinion...  :-)

keith whaley