[G4] Mystic MMP upgrade

kristen kristen at atmyhome.org
Fri Jun 3 13:58:35 PDT 2011

On Friday 03 June 2011 12:23:11 James Asherman wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-G4-Dual-1GHz-DP-PowerMac-Processor-CPU-XPC7455-/1
> 10657345653?pt=CPUs&hash=item19c3b11875#ht_1293wt_1141
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-PowerMac-G4-dual-1-25-Ghz-CPU-820-1472-A-/250825
> 219391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a66591d3f#ht_500wt_1156
>
> Something like one of these.
> Jim

These both appear to be from Quicksilver models which have a faster bus then
mine. I have asked both sellers if they know what machines the processors were
pulled from.

On that thought, does anyone know if a processor from a faster bus can be put
in mine? Mine has a 100Mhz bus only. The Quicksilver bus is faster. I'm not
sure of the Mirror Door models at all. If they can then perhaps I can put
another Mac processor into mine? These hardware questions exceed my knowledge.

And thanks John, you did find a link to a new processor. And only $350.00.
Ouch! At least I know that they are still out there. But that's a price over
my head. Which is why I'm searching for a used one. I would have thought given
the age of these machines there would be a ton of used for sale. Not so I
guess

Again, I thank you all for your thoughts and efforts

Kristen